Attempt to build a large Stirling Engine - 2

Channel: approtechie

31,645

TIP: Right-click and select "Save link as.." to download video

Initializing link download... Initializing link download.....

This is a follow-up to my last video. I found a diaphragm that works great - a truck air-brake diaphragm that's fiber-reinforced and withstands the pressures involved. I also redesigned the displacer drive mechanism, but as you can see in the video, it didn't last long when I started to pressurize the engine, unfortunately. Before that I did manage to achieve 470 rpm on the engine and I'm still hopeful that this design has good potential. Thanks to all of my subscribers and commenters for keeping me motivated! Merry Christmas to you all, and may you have a very happy New Year!