Rocket stove heater for a workshop or a room
TIP: Right-click and select "Save link as.." to download video
Initializing link download.....
- I spent $20 to make this stove (a piece of inox piping for the heat riser, some welding sticks, grinding disks and some paint). This
does not include the driving around finding bits and pieces nor the chimney exhaust pipe.
- This heater gives off amazing heat, its potential is by far underused.
- It would be the perfect system to use as a mass heater.
- When the burn chamber is hot, there is no smoke at the outside chimney outlet. Also creates very little ash.
- Metering the wood is important, that is cutting wood to a certain thickness and length.
- When alight the stove does require attention from time to time.
- Like I say in this video the outside air intake is a must, as it avoids cold air currents in the room or if the room is well sealed it avoids
depleting the room of oxygen !
- Like all home made rocket stoves, each stove has its own personality ! So it takes some trial and error to get to know the stove and
how it works best.