Download video: Install official Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge 2015 (Fix odin fail)
Channel: bijo varghese
TIP: Right-click and select "Save link as.." to download video
Initializing link download.....
Android 5.1.1 Lollipop file : http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/database/SM-G925F/
Odin 3.10.6 zip file : https://mega.co.nz/#!epshkJAa!y7pFS5-9RVhp4vDxTRAQARAwkjyQAB_9mDZWfXkLqko
1. This tutorial is only meant for the global model of Galaxy S6 EDGE SM-G925F. You can download other firmware directly from #SamMobile.com
2. Enable USB debugging by going to 'Settings - Developer options - USB debugging'. If Developer options is not visible then go to Settings -About device Tap the build number 10 times to unlock 'Developer options
1 .Download odin and Galaxy S6E ROM and extract them in separate folders on desktop.
2. Now switch off your phone and reboot it in download mode by pressing 'Home+Power+Volume Down' key at the same time.
Release the buttons when the phone vibrates.
3. Press volume up button when you see a warning page. Now you have entered in odin mode.
4. Now launch odin.exe on your pc.
5. Make sure that only "Auto Reboot", and "F.Reset Time" options should be checked. Do not change other settings of ODIN.
6. Now check 'AP' and click it and select the firmware file G925FXXU2BOFJ tar.md5 Android 5.1.1 file from the folder where you saved it.
7. Wait for few seconds till ODIN finishes some checks.
8. Connect the phone to computer via USB cable.
9. Let odin recognize the phone. When it is identified by odin the field under ID:COM in odin will turn blue and you will see a message "ID:0/016 Added"
10. Click 'Start' to initiate the flashing process. When the process is completed odin will return a message 'PASS'.
11. When your phone first boots to home screen (may take longer, 15 minutes or more)
12. then disconnect it from PC.
13. Now check the android version in 'Settings - About device - Android version'.