Download video: Mortal Kombat Special Edition - Supreme Demonstration (Only MKP characters)
TIP: Right-click and select "Save link as.." to download video
Initializing link download.....
WARNING: There is a lot of the recolors, spriteswaps and screwed up fatals.
This is Mortal Kombat Special Edition, a Russian languaged MKP compilation, which was made by Voodoo. It's a really obscure and the most bizarre one I have ever played. It has as many character as Mortal Kombat Chaotic does.
Good things about it:
- Some of the canon/major characters such as Cyrax, Smoke or Sektor, was updated and got Super Combo Moves.
- Some custom background music is pretty nice. For example Rob Zombie's songs or Need For Speed series soundtrack
- We can see many versions of the canon characters such as Scorpion or Sub-Zero
Bad things about it:
- 30% of the characters in the roster are the non-MKP characters, that are not compatible with the MKP games and most of them is horribly created
- We got a lot of the recolors. Shit! We have too many of the fucking Sektor recolors. These are the obvious recolors, since while the "Mercy" move Shao Kahn says "Sektor shows mercy."
- Weird-ass edits and spriteswaps. There is a lot of them. An example of such character is Scorp-Liu Kang. Scorp Liu Kang? Are you fucking serious? There is a version of UMK3 Smoke, which was ruined by mixing him with Snake's coding. An example of a strange edit is Savage Scorpion, which has Reptile's/Devil Reptile's friendship and has some missing sprites.
- The hi-res stages do not play well, if they are added to the lo-res WinMUGEN engine.
- The music always glitches up while I am fighting an opponent due to the plugins this MKP game has.
- The strange edits cause a lot of glitches.
- They got rid of the fatalities on various characters such as the MK3 Liu Kang. H-H-H-HOW COULD THEY DO THAT?! THEY RUINED ONE OF MY FAVOURITE GOOD CHARACTERS!
- Some of the fatalities do not work in any distance.
I had to change some movesets of the characters since some of them was too complicated to execute.
Part 1: http://www.mediafire.com/download/x7uzj4kkdo40mxl/MKSE+Part+1.zip
Part 2: http://www.mediafire.com/download/oo42mbu8p64u1rf/MKSE+Part+2.zip