Modeling a river in Archicad Part 1/3 (water surface)
Channel: Ioannis Spyridis
TIP: Right-click and select "Save link as.." to download video
Initializing link download.....
1. Model a terrain using spline contours that ensemble a river basin
2. Draw the river's banks on it using lines and connecting on contours. When fitting to mesh use fit to user ridges.
3. Make a copy of that model. That will be the water body.
4. On that copy (the water body), select and delete all contour lines one by one except the one at zero level (that will be the seashore). Don't delete the banks too.
5. Delete parts outside of the banks of the river and shore, so as to keep only the water body.
6. Move that copy back on the first terrain and use SEO "substraction with downward extrusion" with water body as target and the river basin as operator.
Tip: use the line tool to connect the contours on the rivers axis with "fit to user ridges" to smooth out the river bed. not shown on the video.