Download video: Cannoli Recipe from Cookies Cupcakes and Cardio
Channel: Cookies Cupcakes and Cardio
TIP: Right-click and select "Save link as.." to download video
Initializing link download.....
Subscribe to our NEWSLETTER here: http://madmimi.com/signups/28657/join
Today I am showing you how to make the Italian dessert recipe for Cannoli! Cannolis are light crispy shells, dipped in chocolate, and filled with a creamy center. They are heaven in a single bite.
Read the blog post here: http://cookiescupcakesandcardio.com/?p=7624
Visit my blog at: http://cookiescupcakesandcardio.com
Watch me LIVE on Periscope @cupcakeNcardio
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 tablespoons (+2-3 additional tbsp if needed) Marsala wine
- Cannoli forms- get them here: http://amzn.to/1NQWwtu
- egg white for wash
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 32 ounces ricotta cheese (drained)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
1. Combine flour, cinnamon, shortening, salt and sugar in a food processor. Process until the mixture is like fine sand.
2. Add Marsala through the chute, until the mixture forms a ball. You may need to use 1-2 additional tablespoons of marsala if the mixture is too dry to come together.
3. Wrap in plastic wrap and let sit on the counter for 1-2 hours.
4. Roll out dough with a rolling pin, or run through a pasta maker to make a thin sheet of dough. Cut out dough with a round cutter approximately 4" in diameter.
5. Wrap dough circles around a cannoli form, and seal edge with a small dab of egg white.
6. Heat oil to 315F- 325F. Place cannolis into the hot oil and gently hold in place, turning until golden brown.
7. Transfer to a piece of paper towel to cool.
8. Dip ends into chocolate and sprinkles if desired, and set aside to harden.
1. Whip whipping cream until soft peaks form.
2. In a small bowl combine sugars and cheese. Gently fold in whipping cream.
3. Continue to fold while adding chocolate chips.
4. Transfer filling to a piping bag and squeeze filling into each end of the cannoli.
5. Consume within a few hours.