Shopkins Cake: How to make Shopkins "Wishes" Birthday Cake from Cookies Cupcakes and Cardio
Channel: Cookies Cupcakes and Cardio
TIP: Right-click and select "Save link as.." to download video
Initializing link download.....
Read the blog post here: http://cookiescupcakesandcardio.com/?p=6981
In this tutorial I show you how to make the popular children's toy birthday cake named "Wishes" from Shopkins! Wishes is the adorable cake shaped character from Season 1 and is ultra rare. She's really easy to make as a cake if you follow my tutorial!
Visit my blog at: http://cookiescupcakesandcardio.com
Watch me LIVE on Periscope @cupcakeNcardio
• 6" round cake covered in yellow buttercream (buttercream recipe: https://youtu.be/rjqOTM5icOE)
• White buttercream fitted with number 4/5/or 6 tip
• Black buttercream fitted with number 4/5/or 6 tip
• Pink buttercream fitted with number 4/5/or 6 tip
• Yellow buttercream fitted with number 10 tip
• Yellow buttercream fitted with 1A tip
• Blue "Mike And Ike's" candies
• 1 cup pink buttercream
• Yellow candles
1. Prepare and cover cake in yellow buttercream.
2. Measure 2.5" from the bottom of the cake, up the side and mark with a toothpick. Repeat all around the cake. Join marks with a line.
3. With the white buttercream, pipe a rope border around the cake at the 2.5" line by piping upside down "C's". Repeat all the way around the cake.
4. Using a small round cutter, press a half circle into the cake, for the eyes (or freehand it). Trace line with black buttercream. Add one eyelash at the end of the eye line.
5. Using the pink buttercream with a 4/5/6 tip, pipe on a nose, and mouth.
6. Place 1 cup of pink buttercream into a microwavable safe bowl and cook in 15 second intervals until melted.
7. Pour melted buttercream onto the top of the cake, and gently push small amounts of the icing over side of the cake.
8. Using the yellow buttercream with the number 10 tip, pipe small cupcake topping like swirls around the outer edge of the top of the cake (6-8 of them).
9. Place blue Mike and Ike's on the top of the cake for sprinkles.
10. Place candles in cake prior to serving.
11. Store the cake in a sealed container in the fridge and it is best consumed within 2-3 days.