DIY $50 Wood Hitch Plow
TIP: Right-click and select "Save link as.." to download video
Initializing link download.....
Thanks for watching!
An inexpensive plow that fits into a Class III Hitch - I just finished this version last week, wish I had this thing all winter long. I looked around for an alternative and didn't find much - this thing does the job all day long.
- 2x12 Green Treated 7' - 15 degree parallel angles cut - might go a little steeper next time
- 1x6 Hickory 9' - ripped 2 1/2 for the shoe, 3 1/2 for the top, the rest for the front plate & shoes. Oak, ash, or any other really hard wood wood do fine
- 4x4 1' - If I had to buy at least 4', I might bolt the rest inside the arms for reinforcement, cut with a 30 degree parallel angle to match the arms
- 2x4 Green Treated 6' *I'd use a 2x6 if building this from scratch - cut at one end to 30 degrees for a 15 degree rise to the mount
- 20 2" wood screws
- 6: 7" 3/8 bolts + nuts & washers
- 1: 8" 5/8 bolt + nut & washers
- 1 Drop hitch receiver
Feel free to hit me with any questions in the comments - please "Like" the video if you like the video!
Skip the boring stuff if you just want to see it work at 4:55