Blender Rendering - Top 7 LuxRender Features
Channel: Two Minute Papers
TIP: Right-click and select "Save link as.." to download video
Initializing link download.....
Some of the main benefits of using LuxRender are the following:
- it supports a multitude of material models,
- with light groups, you can adjust the influence of light sources on your scene without needing to rerender your image,
- a great thing about LuxRender is that is supports network rendering. With a neat trick, this is possible even without a network!
- it has sophisticated rendering algorithms like Metropolis Light Transport to render notoriously difficult scenes,
- different film brands and models have different color profiles, which means that they react to the same, for instance, red light differently. LuxRender is able to simulate this effect,
- it supports GPU rendering,
- it is cross-platform, it works on Windows, Linux and OSX as well, and it also works with a huge number of modeling software out there like Blender, 3Ds Max, Maya and many more.
Official website: http://www.luxrender.net/
Official forums: http://www.luxrender.net/forum
Official gallery: http://www.luxrender.net/gallery
An amazing slow motion shatter test video rendered on the GPU, it took 25 seconds per HD-frame:
The splash screen scene was created by Janjy Giggins:
The shown scene pack is available here:
Subscribe if you would like to see more of these! - http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=keeroyz
Károly Zsolnai-Fehér's links:
Patreon → https://www.patreon.com/TwoMinutePapers
Facebook → https://www.facebook.com/TwoMinutePapers/
Web → https://cg.tuwien.ac.at/~zsolnai/
Twitter → https://twitter.com/karoly_zsolnai