Dum Biryani | Sanjeev Kapoor Khazana
Channel: Sanjeev Kapoor Khazana
TIP: Right-click and select "Save link as.." to download video
Initializing link download.....
½ kg Basmati rice, soaked and drained
1 kg mutton, cut into bite size pieces on bone
2 tablespoons ginger-garlic-green chilli paste
1½ cups curd
Salt to taste
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
1½ teaspoons red chilli powder
1 teaspoon garam masala powder
½ teaspoon nutmeg powder
Juice of 1 lemon
2 bay leaves
4-5 green cardamoms
1 teaspoon caraway seeds (shahijeera)
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 cup browned onion + for garnishing
4 medium potatoes, cut into halves
4 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
4 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander leaves
1 star anise
1 blade mace
1 inch cinnamon
4 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon ghee
5 black peppercorns
2 black cardamoms
1 teaspoon saffron strands soaked in warm water
Wheat flour dough for sealing
1. Marinate mutton with salt, ginger-garlic-green chilli paste in a bowl. Keep in the refrigerator for 8 hours.
2. Combine marinated mutton, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and garam masala powder in a bowl. Addnutmeg powder, lemon juice, cloves, half of caraway seeds, half of bay leaf, half of green cardamoms, cumin seeds, ghee, some of the browned onions, potatoes, some of the coriander and mint leaves and curd and mix well.
3. Boil sufficient water in a deep non-stick pan, add 1 teaspoon ghee, star anise, mace, black cardamoms, remaining bay leaf, remaining green cardamoms, remaining caraway seeds and cinnamon and salt and mix well. Add rice and cook till the rice is parboiled.
4. Heat remaining ghee in another non-stick pan, make a layer of the marinated muttonand parboiled rice.
5. Spread some of the coriander, browned onions and saffron. Sprinkle garam masala powder, mint leaves and ghee. Seal the sides of the pan with flour dough. Place pan on heat and cook on medium heat for 35 minutes. Switch off the flame and set aside for 15 minutes.
6. Serve hot.
Click to Subscribe: http://bit.ly/1h0pGXf