Facebook celebrates new Star Wars film by adding lightsabers to profile pictures
Channel: Top ViRal Videos
TIP: Right-click and select "Save link as.." to download video
Initializing link download.....
Have you got your ticket to see Star Wars: The Force Awakens yet?
If you can't wait to catch a glimpse of the seventh film in the movie franchise, released this Thursday, you're probably a pretty big fan.
Now, Facebook is giving you the chance to show your love of the films by adding a lightsaber to your profile picture.
It works in the same way as previous campaigns - including the rainbow overlay for gay pride and the French flag design, which showed solidarity with the victims of the Paris attacks.
Watch the video above to find out how to try it out or follow the steps below.
How to add a lightsaber to your Facebook profile picture
1. Head over to the Star Wars Movies Facebook page and scroll down to this post.
If you've seen a friend change their profile picture to include a lightsaber, you can also do the following steps on their post.)
2. Click the 'Try it' button
3. Choose your lightsaber. Toggling between the two Star Wars icons, you can select a red or a blue one to match your picture.
4. Alter your profile picture to find the best fit. If you want to use a different one, just click 'change picture' and you'll be able to select another from your Facebook page. You might want to find a particularly moody one.
5. Choose how long you would like your picture to have a lightsaber in it. (If you're a die-hard fan, you might want to hit 'never')
6. Click 'Use as profile picture' and you're all done!
May the force be with you.