World’s BIGGEST (and sometimes WEIRDEST) HOLES! (Including the biggest sinkhole in the world ever!)
Channel: Absolutely Incredible
TIP: Right-click and select "Save link as.." to download video
Initializing link download.....
10. Darvaza Gas Crater (“Door to Hell”), Turkmenistan, 25 m (82 ft) deep.
The hole has burned continuously since being ignited by Soviet geologists in 1972.
9. Monticello Morning Glory Spillway, USA, 70 m approx. (229 ft) deep.
This gigantic cement funnel can drain water at a rate of 48,800 cubic feet per second.
8. Guatemala City Sinkhole, Guatemala, 100 m (328 ft) deep.
This monstrous hole swallowed a three story factory.
7. Berezniki Sinkhole, Russia, 200 meters (656 ft) deep.
Growing since 1986, this whopper will soon eat up a nearby rail line.
6. Dean’s Blue Hole, Bahamas, 202 meters (663 ft) deep.
It is the world’s deepest known salt water-filled sinkhole.
5. The Big Hole, South Africa, 215 meters (705 ft) deep.
This gigantic former diamond mine remains the largest hand-dug excavation in history.
4. Sima Humboldt Sinkhole, Venezuela, 314 m (1,030 ft) deep.
This mysterious sinkhole is named after scientist and explorer Alexander von Humboldt.
3. Mir Mine (AKA Mirny Diamond Mine), Russia, 525 m (1,722 ft) deep.
Airspace above this colossal hole is closed to helicopters due to hazardous thermal conditions.
2. Xiaozhai Tiankeng (Heavenly Pit), China, 650 m (2,132 ft) deep. (Largest sinkhole ever recorded!)
Didn't someone just mention helicopters and hazardous airflow created by enormous holes?
1. Bingham Canyon Mine, USA, 970 m (3182 ft) deep.
Bingham Canyon Mine is so big that if it were a sports stadium it could seat about 8 million people.
The music -- called "Overflowing" -- was composed by Score Squad. And it is licensed via Premium Beat.
Many thanks for watching! As always, we hope to educate and stimulate our audience with fun, fact-filled videos about our absolutely incredible world!
Lionel J. Theodore