Hydrogen - Oxygen Separator Cell Build Mileage Report

Channel: Darcy Klyne

20,954

TIP: Right-click and select "Save link as.." to download video

Initializing link download... Initializing link download.....

CELL DESIGN. 8 Stainless Neutrals, 2 Active Stainless (+), 1 Active Titanium (-) , volts per gap = 2.0 volts, 12 volt @ 12 amps = 144watts. Titanium has been known to react with KOH. I promise to test more my self and confirm or deny this hypothesis. Please refrain form making assumptive comments. Shame my replies don't show up on your channel.
Thanks to Reg at www.hho-research.com.au and Peter at www.myhydrogencar.com for all your help.
For more details and discussion on this modification go to http://www.energeticforum.com/renewable-energy/8078-separator-cell-hho-research-com-au-build-thedude-post143189.html#post143189

I pulled this narrow gap cell in the Suzuki apart and inspected and cleaned the plates. Thats the one that i was using KOH in initially, and had also had an accidental cross up of the input terminals. I saw brown oxidization in the tubes (view-able in earlier videos) and indeed there was a lot of build up nearer to the bottom of all the plates, but particularly on the oxygen side, of a brown/grey/black sludge. So, I re-sanded and reassembled and using only NaOH now as this seems to completely eliminate any build up from occurring. Gas quantity has nearly doubled and now carrying a torch tip in the Suzuki to demonstrate a relatively big flame for those that aren't quite believing that its a useful gas. I think the mistaken cross over of the connections, may have caused much of the brown build up. But the grey/black stuff, could likely be the product of the KOH. At any rate. My gas flow is now absolutely full of finer bubbles for much smoother and consistent flow and every thing is clean.

The average rated miles per gallon on the suzuki side kick is 24 mile/gallon. It has a 10.6 gallon tank (40.12 litres) and i've been able to get 315miles (507 kms) out of a tank. This translates to about 30 miles/gallon, or 6 more miles per gallon than the usual 24 mile/gallon. 6 of 24 is a 25% improvement. This was before i cleaned the plates off and started running it again. I'll keep gathering data on this as i used each tank up. But i'm pretty happy at that considering the very considerable gain in performance that i'm getting. It very, very noticeable on this little car.

I'm noticing some slight but persistent hesitation at take off, especially during rain or very humid days. I suspect that my fuel mixture is possibly too rich and that i could lean it up for more performance and possibly even better mileage. I'm going to order a high flow air filter and see if this helps increase performance and mileage as well. We'll see.